Friday, December 23, 2011

Another "Uncle Buck" Production......The Dawn Capri's

Produced by Ron "Uncle Buck" Lipe, the Marlo label is his follow up to the famous Ron-Mar label. The Marlo label was his all around label and anybody that had some money could cut a record. The label was based out of Belleville, IL. One of the rarest records on the label is Lee McBride's-Confusin'. The label of the record itself went through different variations. This record "Going Home" by Dawn Capri's is a surfy R&B instrumental, not what I expected when I was given this record. I expected more of garage psych sound with the title of the group. The flip is a more hokey instrumental titled "Haunted House". The record is a RITE press and I have dated it to 1963. Hope ya'll think its as cool as I do.

2 comments:

  1. More like mid 60's than 1958. Cool song though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are right, i double checked. its 1963. i read the wrong matrix number.

    ReplyDelete