Monday, December 19, 2011

Penny West & Lucky Penny Trio

Here's one some people are probably not familiar with, Penny West & Lucky Penny Trio on Ozark Records out of St. Louis, MO. I first knew her track "Needle In A Haystack" than I found this one. Probably recorded sometime around 1956, this is her first release on the label. "Needle In A Haystack" is a RCA custom, but I'm not sure about this one. Rockin' Country Style shows a scan for this sleeve. Her 2nd release also came with a sleeve which I recently saw in a friends collection. I'm looking for both of these sleeves if anybody has one they went to get rid of. This track is a great eerie country ballad. I really like the guitar work on this song. Hope ya'll dig this one!

4 comments:

  1. Please contact me about any music you have of penny west she was my great grandmother and I would live to be able to listen to her again I have heard needle in a haystack but not this song. If you would you can contact me anytime thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvonne, I'm not sure if you will see this several years later. My grandfather played with Penny West and The Lucky Penny Trio often. I have photos and an audio recording I could send you. Email me at DanceFever168@gmail.com if you see this!

    ReplyDelete